Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zohdiak

re: Returning Player / F2P Preferred

First and foremost greetings all! I suppose I am one of your newest members as of this post. I look forward to meeting you all IG. I am a returning founding player, played through beta, through the week long install, and up to about January of 2013. Sodolgunner was kind enough to walk me through my first ever "Daily" this week and threw an invite my way, so thank you for that Sodol.

As not to fill up Guild Chat IG I thought you knowledgeable folk could help fill me in on what I've missed in my absence. I recall talks of Free to Play back before I unsubscribed and did not think much of it. Fast forward to today, the idea sounds amazing to me. I am working 40hrs a week, I start school back up this Monday (going for my bachelors finally) and have the lady friend  at home that requires entertainment and nourishment at least once or twice a week . So being able to play SWtOR and not have to feel guilty about dropping $15 a month and only getting on 6 or 7 times in that month, is rather appealing.

I have 2 characters as of now, a lvl 51 Jedi Sentinel , and a level 15 Trooper Vanguard . I purchased a recurring 1 month subscription before May 11th to lock up the 5 rooms in the stronghold (something I've longed for since I quit Star Wars Galaxies r.i.p.). My plan was to play out the month, and  then go Free To Play Preferred. I would like to have everything in place that would make my life easier prior to going F2Pp. This is what I've come here to ask. I've read a few threads on reddit about what is recommended and yada yada, but thought I would get your opinions. I have been logging on almost daily to run "dailies" and build up my bank (currently at a measly $820k) on my lvl 51. I would like to purchase as much as I can from the Cartel Market with credits prior to using Cartel Coins.

What should be on my checklist prior to downgrading to Free to Play? I would like to grab the HK-51 companion (account wide), open up the third crafting slot (account wide), unlock dailies (account wide) so I can always make more money (hopefully I can find someone here to trust to help me transfer it to alt's when needed), extra cargo hold space (what is the proper way to do this as I heard you should but a slot or two first before getting the expansion from the Cartel Market?), and there was more but it will come to me later.

EDIT: Just recalled I was looking into upgrading the personal ship with things like mailbox, vendor, GTN also. I wonder though if any of this will be available in our strong holds.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions and guidance.

Last edited by Zohdiak on Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Zohdiak

Going through the restrictions:

Preferred

Preferred accounts offer a bit less restrictions that a Free to Play account.

To qualify for a preferred account, the account has to have met any of the following conditions:

Preferred accounts have some restrictions:

• 350,000 Credit cap (anything above this amount is saved in an Escrow account)Access to 2 Crew Skills
    • Escrow Account Credits can now be transferred out with a Cartel Market Consumable
    • These only transfer credits from the Escrow Account to existing credit balance.
    • The Transfer Packages do not increase the credit cap.
      • Small Package - 50k - 40 Cartel Coins
      • Medium Package - 150k - 80 Cartel Coins
      • Large Package - 600k - 240 Cartel Coins
  • Access to 4 Quickbars (can
  • Access to 3 Species for Character Creations
  • Access to 5 Galactic Trade Network slots
  • Access to 5 Medical Probes (In Field Revive) per Character
  • Access to 6 Character Slots
  • Access to Bank
  • Access to Sprint at Level 1
  • Access to Trading Items after Level 10
  • Mail Restricted (only 1 attachment & cannot send credits)
  • Medium Login Priority
  • No Access to Emergency Fleet Pass
  • No Access to In-Game Support
  • No Access to Rest XP
  • Restricted Chat
  • Restricted to 3 Flashpoints Rewards per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)Restricted to 3 Space Missions per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)
    • You can only loot the final Flashpoint boss 3 times per week without a weekly pass.
  • Restricted to 5 Warzones per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)
  • Unlock must be purchased to use Artifact (Purple) gear
  • Weekly Pass must be purchased to access any Operations

The Highlighted items are my biggest concern. I read if I used a referral code I would be granted access to Unify Colors, Display Titles, 3rd Crew Skill Slot, and an Inventory Module. Does anyone have such a code for use? I will provide mine as well if anyone needs it.

EDIT: since i've subscribed I'm no longer eligible for this...DAMN. But if anyone needs my code offer stands.

Finally the Additional Cargo Bay unlock, I read its around 1050 CC for an account wide unlock, but I have not looked to see if its on the GTN for simple credits.

Infern'al
Infernal Marquis
Officer

Cargo Bay (Account) selling for 795k on GTN right now.

Infern'al
Infernal Marquis
Officer

Also see this thread on the SWTOR forums for a discussion about F2P restrictions (some of it has changed, but the core of the Q/A is still valid and might help clear up some confusion).

The other thing I strongly recommend you unlock is Guild Bank Access. You'll have access to free stims/medpacks, leveling gear, and a weekly allowance for repair costs. This can make a huge difference when leveling and spending all your cash on training costs.

Zohdiak

Thanks In'fernal. I just made my first $1mm yesterday. I did a little GTN scouting. It appears the Cargo hold and a few other account wide items all run around 800k. I will need to make a wee bit more cash before I can buy all I need eh?

Thanks for the Link I'll look at it when I get home, work blocks seemingly everything with TOR in the url. Guild Bank Access sounds quite useful. Is there a guideline or rules and regulations somewhere I can review? Take a penny leave a penny sort of deal?

Fraudeur
fraudeur

Hello Zohdiak and welcome to the Crimson Order.

Since you are a subscribed player right now you should level up to 55 as soon as you can and get gear. Once you become a preferred player, you will not loose the ability to wear purple gear (those you have before becoming a preferred player). The problem is as a preferred you will have to unlock your access to the operations. Each access is valid for a week. I am not sure if you can still get gear after you have become a preferred player.

Infern'al
Infernal Marquis
Officer

Yeah, you can only keep the purple gear you wear on your back, and you cant slot any new purple gear unless you buy the Artifact Authorization (which would be the whole point behind running Operations).

Zohdiak

It looks as though I may resub for a second month. I am not experienced in running Ops. I know it can get hectic. But I will definitely give it a go before I downgrade to Preferred.

Hey stupid question coming in but how is it people can unlock Mail and Vendor and GTN on their personal ship? Does that have to be CC's ? Is there a Credits Option? Should I just wait it out for strongholds as I have a hinkling they might provide some of this at strongholds.

Infern'al
Infernal Marquis
Officer

The items unlocked on your ship are purchased with credits or Cartel Coins, but some of the items have a Legacy Level requirement.

Zohdiak

I found a gent kind enough to share his preferred link to me. Even though I've subscribed I still got the care package in my mailbox for my alts. I've since banked it. So thats done, takes care of Inventory unlock, Crew Skill unlock, Speeder Piloting I, Display Title unlock, Display Legacy Name unlock, & Unify Colors unlock.

If anyone wants to use my link let me know. I'm not sure what I would get from it, perhaps some CC's I think? But just thought I'd offer it out there.

EDIT: I just spoke with the gent who let me use his referral link, confirmed that it gave him the Kurtob speeder today. So anyone who is already subscribed and would like to use my referral link let me know. I'll post it when I get home and have access to it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: