Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ismaralda
Guild Master

re: Recruitment

I know im probably not the only person who has noticed this but our guild numbers seem to be drained. There a plenty of times I log on to see only 1-2 people on including myself. While I'm fine with being a small guild we are currently a borderline dead guild. I would like to try to fix this in multiple ways, 

1) we need to recruit, there really isn't anyway around this one folks we have about 10-15 people that can truely be considered active. While it's a fun time and I enjoy when we do stuff together I think we need to increase our numbers for multiple reasons. Ideally people would just be flocking to join us but unfortunately that's not the case, we need to find them and bring them in. Remember everyone can invite by typing. "/ginvite (insert name of invitie)" 

2) activity variety, pretty much the only time we have people on is for scheduled ops, I think we need to expand what we do whether it just variety of content or complete change of activity. It can be as simple as trying gsf/pvp with people. Yea you may suck but sucking with friends can actually be fun.  Or even scheduling changed events, duel tournaments/hide and go seek/ whatever.

3) being on vent. I know not everyone has mics and some have issues but to me everything is more fun if I'm able to be on vent and talking with someone about it. Had some of the worst pugs I ever seen be fun cause I was on vent and able to laugh about stuff. That said when you can't laugh about stuff like that with people it can annoy you fast.

Was just some thoughts of mine I was hoping for people to consider. Leave feedback and we can go forward and make a plan of how to handle it all if we decide changes are needed.

Rëcon
OPsRaider

The best places to recruit are on the starter worlds...also I will be off vent for a while as my son broke my mic.

Now to the reason I logged on today...I apologize for not getting around to this sooner. But for at least the next several weeks I will NOT be able to raid. I just took on a new job and need time to adjust to my new schedule....I am having massive issues adjusting to this new schedule. I am up every morning at 2am now for work. THe last few days I have gotten home at 5pm from work and wanted to log in to play but seem to pass out before I even make it to the login screen. So I am down and out till I adjust to this new schedule.

Ismaralda
Guild Master

While i am fine with recruiting on the early worlds what needs to be taken into account if we do that is that these are people looking for a active guild, these people probably arent going to stick around in a guild if we arent on and talking/helping them. While i by no means am saying go carry them through their story quests we cant have 1-2 people on that completely ignore them. No one would stay in such a guild for long. 

Other options to recruit is just running content. Find people while doing FPs or Ops and talk with them, be friendly and such.  If they seem like a good person speak with them about joining the guild.

Im sure there are other methods for recruiting im not thinking of too of course.  If anyone is interested in recruiting and has questions or concerns feel free to post or just contact me in game and we can assuage your fears

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: